The Student News Site of Elmwood Park High School

The Tiger

The Tiger

The Tiger

Wrigley Field Winter Wonderland

WGN News

If you like ice skating, baseball, or the Chicago Cubs, I think the Wrigley Field Winter Wonderland would be the perfect place for you to enjoy.

Above is a picture of the Wrigley Field. The Cubs were playing against the Philadelphia Phillies.

Intro:

If you aren’t familiar with Wrigley Field, it’s the field that the Chicago Cubs play on. The Cubs are a professional baseball team that play in Chicago, Illinois. This stadium is located on the north side of Chicago and can fit up to 40,000 people. The MLB (Major League Baseball) season ends after the World Series, which is an annual MLB competition in the United States and Canada. This year, the World Series began Friday, October 27 and ended on November 1st. The Texas Rangers won the World Series this year.

After the MLB season ends, Wrigley Field gets transformed into a magical Winter Wonderland. There are plenty of activities to do, so let me inform you all about them!

Above is a picture of the ice skating rink at Wrigley Field. You can rent a pair of ice skates for free.

Activities:

Starting with all the rides, a 40-foot Ferris wheel, a fun slide, a carousel, flying dragons, ice bumper cars, ice skating, infield express, swings, tilt-a-whirl, teacups, the edge, train, and umbrella ride.

Continuing with the games,  blizzard bags, chimney toss,  polar puck shot, snow pitch, tree topper, and trim the tree.

On select Mondays, kids 12 and under get free hot chocolate, ice skating with Clark the Cub, and visit Mrs. Claus.

Hours:

The Winter Wonderland at Wrigley was set in motion in late November and extends to January 7th. The hours are Monday through Thursday 3-9 pm, Friday and Saturday 11 am-10 pm, and on Sundays 11 am-7 pm. There are also special hours: Christmas Eve 11 am-4 pm, Christmas-closed, and January 1st 11 am-7 pm.

Tickets:

If you would like to enter the Winter Wonderland, you are required to purchase a ticket online. Children two years old and under are free of charge. Admission starts at $5. If you are interested in purchasing the Peppermint Pack it is priced at $35. The Peppermint Pack allows you to do all activities at the Winter Wonderland along with 10 attraction tickets.

Parking:

There are several ways you can get to Wrigley Field. You can take a bus to get there or you can take an Uber, Lyft, or taxi. If those aren’t an option then your parents, yourself, or a friend can drive to the field and park there or park near the field. On the website, there is a link where you can purchase your parking because, unfortunately, you have to pay to park, which is $30.

Pictured above is the World Series Trophy. The Cubs won in 2016 against the Cleveland Guardians.

EPHS Student Opinion:

I interviewed my friend Alana who has been to the Winter Wonderland. Here’s what she had to say about her experience.
Alana: “It was a wonderful experience. As a Cubs fan, it was great being on the field. Every ride and activity they offer makes it a great way to spend the day.”

Wrapping It Up:

After reading this article I hope you consider going to the Winter Wonderland during Winter Break. The Winter Wonderland is appropriate for all ages, and you can bring anybody you’d like. Additionally, you get to see the World Series trophy in real life from when the Cubs won in 2016!

Works Cited: