The Student News Site of Elmwood Park High School

The Tiger

The Tiger

The Tiger

Outings for Couples this Winter

@Japan4k
This is an image found on Google; it shows people ice skating at Millennium Park in 2022. The tree that they light every year is also seen in the picture.

Ice Skating:

Ice skating is a fun activity to do with your significant other during the winter months because it creates a funny but cute scene for you two. It is a wonderful opportunity for pictures that you guys could cherish forever and creates memories that you won’t forget. The skating rink at the Fashion Outlets of Chicago is highly recommended and so is the rink at Millennium Park.

Zoo Lights:

The zoo lights are a lovely thing to do because you two will walk around the zoo and admire the pretty lights. They also sell food while you are there, plus hot chocolate is always recommended to keep you warmer. Like ice skating, it is another opportunity to take pictures of the lights or of the two of you with the lights. There is an admissions fee for both Lincoln Park Zoo and Brookfield Zoo, but it is worth it.

Tree Lighting Downtown:

The big tree downtown is said to be a little overrated, but you can make the best out of it. It is a chance for more pictures and is just a 10 minute drive from Navy Pier so going to both in one day is a good idea.

This is an image of the Christkindl Market in Wrigleyville from this year. The image includes the market itself and an ice skating rink in the middle.

Christkindlmarket:

This market is a German style market that happens in Illinois every year. They have 3 locations this year: one in Aurora, the other in Wrigleyville, and, lastly, the other in downtown Chicago. This market was a wonderful experience because you get to walk around with your hot chocolate and just go around this cute little market. We did not buy anything, but many people do.

Sledding:

Sledding- Sledding is a unique option because I feel like not many people do it anymore. There is a hill on Cumberland and Irving Park Rd that my dad used to take me to all the time when it got cold. Doing this with your partner will probably just get you guys a good laugh.

This is an image of an exhibit from the Science and Industry Museum that they showcase every holiday season. The exhibit shows how different countries around the world decorate their trees and their traditions.

Museum Trips:

You and your significant other should visit one of the museums downtown! The Shedd Aquarium, The Field Museum, The Science and Industry Museum, and so many more museums all have free days for residents of Illinois. Here is a website that will show you all the details needed: Museum Days.

At-Home Movies:

If you don’t like being outside during the cold days, watching movies at home is always a good option. Christmas movies and hot cocoa are a nice way to spend the day. Feel free to check reviews to make sure you’re watching a good movie (Reviews of best Christmas Movies).

This is an image of some Christmas themed cupcakes. They are super easy to make and fun to decorate.

Making Holiday Treats:

Baking cookies shaped as Santa, making hot cocoa bombs, decorating cupcakes, and so many other goodies have easy recipes for you guys to make together. I recommend finding ideas on TikTok for simple but fun and tasty recipes. Here is a website for some ideas: recipes.

Stay In and Cook:

Staying home and cooking something is a cute idea to do because it is probably something you both don’t normally do, so you will learn something together. You can find recipes on Google or even on TikTok.

Works Cited: