The Student News Site of Elmwood Park High School

The Tiger

The Tiger

The Tiger

Summer Hangout Ideas

Introduction

Summer is all about spending your time outside on warm days with your friends, family, or even by yourself. If it is too hot outside, you can hang out somewhere inside with an air conditioner to keep your body cool. There are so many options for different things to do over the summer, so continue reading to get some ideas!

Nothing like being on the beach with a nice view and good food.

The Beach

For starters, if it is hot outside, you can go to the beach! If you bring other people, you can have a barbecue and even bring a beach ball so that you can play sports in the sand or water. You might as well bring your bathing suit so that you can take a dip in the water. However, if you’re spending your time by yourself and still want to have fun, go for a solo swim and relax in the water, or you can put a towel on the sand and take a nap and get a tan.

Forest Adventure

Another idea for when the weather is a little cooler on those summer days is to go to the forest and have a cute picnic! Just bring a picnic blanket and some food, make sure to grab some snacks! If you have a car, then you can keep a bicycle in it and go for a bike ride while you enjoy nature. To make the forest adventure more fun, invite some friends and turn it into a barbecue. Don’t forget to bring chairs if  you don’t want to sit in the grass. And of course,  you’ve got to have watermelon on a hot day in summer. If you don’t want to do all that, then just bring Lego’s or paint and canvas so you can relax in nature.

This image shows the teenage dream.

Night Out With Friends

If you want to have an amazing and fun night, invite all your friends to go out. If any of your friend’s have a car, then go downtown with music playing at night. Have a good time and take pictures in the city, basically go anywhere, maybe a drive-thru, I recommend Wingstop, and discuss all the gossip in the car. However, if you don’t want to do all that, you can go to a different state for a fun little road trip. For an aesthetic moment, go to a parking spot that has a nice view, sit on top of your car, and watch the beautiful sunset view.

Amusement parks

You know those amusement parks that appear out of nowhere and are built in a few hours? Find some of those to go and visit! You might get scammed by the games, but at least you’re going have fun. Invite some friends and plan to meet up there. Get dizzy with the rides and win prizes, maybe even stay there until dark with all the lights and people.

Conclusion

Honestly, there are a lot of different activities to do during the summer, which is the fun part, and these are some quick ideas. For this summer, make it one that lasts in your memories. Whether you go outside or stay indoors, make this summer count.