The Student News Site of Elmwood Park High School

The Tiger

The Tiger

The Tiger

Skincare Recommendations

Skincare+Recommendations

There are many famous TikTok recommendations that are recommend for skincare, but there’s so many brands to choose from. There are many options out there and it can get pretty confusing to figure out which is the right choice for you. I will try to make it easy for the people who are confused, but I am not an expert!

Before anything there are some chemicals that are bad for young skin that I want to make you aware of.

Thick moisturizers can cause congestion of pores, leading to increased oil production, which can result in acne and breakouts. The ingredient retinol can sometimes cause retinoid dermatitis, essentially a rash. Glycolic acids can cause irritation, redness, and peeling.

For older skin it is perfectly fine to use these ingredients:

Thick moisturizers can produce better results and help retain skin moisture. Retinol increases skin cell production and exfoliates your skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Glycolic acid can reduce signs of aging by stimulating collagen production.

Cleansers:

There are a lot of great cleansers out there. I’ll recommend a few for different types of skins and the most highly recommended:

La Roche Posay Hydrating Gentle Cleanser: One of mt favorites. It is perfect for all types of skin. It has a milky texture and can remove impurities and debris. It costs $14.99 to $17.99. Quite expensive but definitely worth it.

Cerave Hydrating Cleanser: One of the best and most affordable skincare brands out there. The milky quality and the elegant texture it gives your skin is a 10/10. It’s amazing for dry skin, oily skin, and normal skin and it can remove your makeup. It cost $13.68 and can be found at most stores.

Byoma Creamy Jelly Cleanser: I personally adore this product because after just using it, it leaves your skin feeling soft and silky. It contains licorice root, allantoin, and triceramide complex to help protect your skin’s barrier and is suitable for oily or normal skin types. The texture is creamy and liquidy, and it is priced at only $9.99.

Toners:

Anua Heartleaf 77% Soothing Toner:  A Korean toner and helps with redness, inflammation, irritation, and is perfect for acne prone skin by helping clean your pores. This is basically everyone’s recommendation because everyone uses it and adores it. It’s soothing and hydrating and can be purchased for at least $23.

I’m from Rice Toner: This product contains rice extract and is highly hydrating. It helps brighten and soften the skin, making it perfect for those with dehydrated skin or anyone looking to repair their skin barrier and improve skin texture. It has a milky texture and can be found for at least $21 on Amazon.

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA+ BHA: A gentle exfoliating toner that is really smoothing and perfect for acne-prone skin, but it is scented. If you have sensitive skin, be cautious. It costs around $14.

Serums:

Byoma Hydrating Serum: A favorite one for dry skin. I personally love the texture and how it makes my face glow after using it. It is a very runny serum but it leaves my skin very silky and doesn’t feel heavy at all. It cost at least $12.

The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2%+B5: This product produces fine lines and helps with water retention to make your skin feel so hydrated and smooth. I recommend applying it on damp skin and putting at least a pump of it onto your face. It’s very soft and definitely recommended and it benefits all skin types . It can be purchased for $9 to  $10.

Good Molecule Hyaluronic Acid Serum: This serum has hyaluronic acid and a bit of vitamin E. It is suitable for very sensitive skin and makes your skin look amazing and helps with breakouts too. It’s only $6 and works wonders on your skin.

Moisturizers:

Neutrogena Hydro Boost: It has a lightweight creamy texture and delivers 9-times the hydration compared to untreated skin. It gives a dewy highlighting glow that everyone loves. It is safe for sensitive skin and helps with dry and acne prone skin. It goes for $16, quite expensive but so worth it.

Cerave Daily Moisturizing: An affordable moisturizer that is oil free and it doesn’t clog pores and really helps with acne. It is lightweight and has a creamy texture and is fragrance free. It cost around $13 and can be found just about anywhere.

Bubble Slam Dunk: This product is a dupe for the Drunk Elephant Brand moisturizer, It’s a very hydrating moisturizer and even though it has a thick consistency, it doesn’t feel heavy on the skin. It can be a daily use especially for dry skin and onlyd costs $13.

I really hope this helps and gives people an idea of skincare products that they can fall in love with. This is not for all people there’s also even better brands out there and probably also affordable or famous but these are some peoples favorites on TikTok. Careful if you start using skincare and it starts to burn or skin starts to dry up worse than before then immediately stop using that one skincare that’s causing it.

Donate to The Tiger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Elmwood Park High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.