The Student News Site of Elmwood Park High School

The Tiger

The Tiger

The Tiger

Summer Activities in EP

During the school year, Elmwood Park could seem like a boring place, but in the summer it’s a totally different story and we can name several things you can do in town during this time of the year! Here are some events you could attend to make your summer a little less boring:

This is a photo of the EPHS cheerleaders participating in the annual 4th of July Parade.

4th of July parade

Every year there’s a 4th of July parade in EP. The parade starts at 9:00 a.m. and an Independence Day celebration at Elmwood Park High School from 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. follows. These past few years plenty of people start the morning of July 4th off hearing cars, floats, and hundreds of people outside enjoying the attractions. Later on , many people gather together at Elmwood Park High School to enjoy the fireworks along with concessions.

These are the details for the upcoming car show in the Circle.

Car shows

There are sometimes car shows in the Circle over the summer. They’re usually from 6 to 9 PM. There’s an upcoming car show this summer, June 14th. It’s a very fun way to hang out with friends but also get a view of really nice cars. There are food trucks along with fast food around you, such as Culver’s.

These are the specifics of the 2024 Taste.

Taste of Elmwood Park

Every year in August there is the Taste of Elmwood Park, which is a family festival where there are concessions from different restaurants for tasting. The Taste showcases restaurants that are most popular in Elmwood Park and provides musical entertainment, games, and rides. There are also little shops for browsing and purchasing unique items.

Details for the upcoming Movies in the Park.

Movies in Central Park

Usually, every summer the park district holds a Movie in the Park where family and friends can gather around and watch a movie on the grass outside. They have food trucks, popcorn stands, and cotton candy for purchase. The upcoming dates for Movies in the Park are June 14th (Cars); June 27th (Rookie of the Year); and July 18th (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles).

Picture of the EP Pool.

Elmwood Park Aquatic Center 

Every year, the Elmwood Park Pool is open to the public. One pool is six feet deep and there’s a slide. There also is a park on the grass along with a sand pit for even more activities to do. They don’t allow outside food, but they have a concession stand with food and drinks for people to buy. The hours are noon to 8PM. This is definitely where to spot many of your peers this summer!

Conclusion

There are many things for family and friends to do together in Elmwood Park, and we gave you some solid options to help you have fun this summer. I hope you try and go to these places and events because you could make a lot of good memories by doing so.