The Student News Site of Elmwood Park High School

The Tiger

The Tiger

The Tiger

Makeup Ideas

Getting Ready for School Dances

School dances probably the most important event for teenagers, especially seniors. It’s the perfect time for everyone to get ready and get all glammed up. There are so many ways all genders can get ready for the party.

Before applying any makeup, prep by maintaining your skincare routine so your skin feels really soft and smooth for when makeup is eventually applied. There are a lot of makeup ideas and dresses people can pick. I won’t give options for dresses and hair styles because the fun starts with looking for that one special dress and hairstyle that matches. For hair, it does depend on what dress you pick and how you style it. For makeup, though, there are a variety of looks one can go for and anyone can do their makeup if they practice, but, remember, if you don’t feel comfortable doing your own, you can always go somewhere to have it done professionally.

Here are some different applications for makeup:

Soft glam makeup is an option for all my people who love natural makeup looks.

Here’s an example of the natural makeup look. With a smooth concealer and eye brows done, the lashes are lashing and the lips are lipping. A little bit of nose contour on the cheek and nose and some blush on the cheeks is perfect. Also, some highlighter on the nose and inner corner of your eye will make your eyes pop a little more, plus make them sparkle.

Another idea that could be your taste is bold makeup. It’s kind of a 2014 makeup look but a little bit better and more modern.

The bold makeup has a smooth foundation and some light concealer to cover your eye bags. Nose contour is really important now that it makes the makeup look more replenishing. Some cheek contour and some bronzer can work alongside bold lashes and a little good glitter on the eyes. Everything just blends. If you want, you can even put some eyeliner on – bold or light – with some glossy lips to finish the look.

There’s also a new trend going around called “monochromatic makeup”, which is basically using shades from the same color family on your eyes, cheeks, and lips.

A light foundation for starters followed by some concealer under the eyes are staples of this look. A soft contour on the cheek and nose and some bronzer around the face work really well together. Of course, the eye shadow is important, too. Pick a color that will match with your lips. Your eyeliner can be the same color or a different shade from the eye shadow you’re using. You can also just use regular black eyeliner. Some highlighter around your cheek bone can be an option or highlighter in the inner corner of the eye and some on the nose will work, also.

There are many makeup options that you’re bound to find at least one that you like. These top 3 makeup looks are what people mostly talk about, so maybe start here if you’re feeling overwhelmed by the choices available.

Have fun at your upcoming school dances – the next being Homecoming! I honestly hope everyone looks their best and has a good time!