The Student News Site of Elmwood Park High School

The Tiger

The Tiger

The Tiger

EPHS Senior Nights

This spring, the 2024 seniors get to say their final goodbye to their sport(s). Some seniors might be playing in college and others not. First let’s establish all the spring sports: baseball, softball, girls soccer, boys volleyball, and track. Here is a glimpse into their special night to celebrate their achievements all throughout the years. 

Starting off with baseball: On the EPHS baseball team there are 9 seniors. Let’s meet them: Antonio Bajana, Jayden Deleon, Zachery Enis, Andrew Gauthier, Demetrius Knight, Paul Maiella, Luis Martinez, Johnny Waterloo, and Boston Wolfe. Their senior night was celebrated Monday May 13th. They took the W against Fenton High School with a score of 10-0. Boston will be playing baseball at Ripon College and Demitrius Knight will be playing football at the College of DuPage!

All 9 of the seniors played on their Senior Night.

Moving on to softball: the EPHS softball team has three seniors: Ariana Huaman, Bella Corso, and Kylie Jones-Plasencia. They had their Senior Day on Saturday May 4th and won 10-0 against Ridgewood. All three of the seniors will be playing college softball! Ariana will be playing at St. Xavier, Kylie will be playing at Rockhurst University, and Bella will be playing at Triton. Also, recently the softball team won Regionals for the first time since 2013 against DePaul Prep High School! 

Pictured above are the three seniors on the softball team: Kylie is a pitcher, Ariana plays shortstop, and Bella plays in the outfield.

Girls Soccer: The girls soccer team has 7 seniors: Catalina Casas, Jasmin DeJesus, Sydney Fenlon, Elizabeth Kelsey, Luisa Martin, Zyana Turcios, and Alexandra Villegas. The girls soccer Senior Night was on May 9th. The girls played Ridgewood and won 5-2. Senior Elizabeth Kelsey will be playing soccer at the College of DuPage and senior Zyana Turcios will also be playing soccer at Beloit College. 

Above is the 2024 girls soccer team. Their record is 9-2 with 1 tie.

Boys Volleyball: On the boys volleyball team there are 6 seniors: Angel Cortez, Angel Mata, Kacper Maziarz, Isaiah Melquiades, Yuriy Noha, and Milton Sanchez. Boys volleyball Senior Night was held on May 16th against Rochelle Zell High School. The Tigers won in 2 sets. Senior Angle Cortez will be playing soccer at Triton College.

These are the 2024 Boys volleyball seniors. They took the W for their Senior Night.

Girls Track: The girls track team has 14 seniors: Natalie Budzyna, Chavalah Calderon, Cassandra Chowaniak, Rose Craig, Serefina Feltman, Reece Fenlon, Ashley Martir, Kennedy Palmer, Leani Perez, Anastasia Prodanchuk, Samantha Rodriguez, Nicole Taha, Alexa Vateva, and Ayani Vazquez. The girls Senior Night was on April 19th. Some of the highlights included Natalie getting fifth for triple jump, Alexa placing second for long jump, Rose earning second for pole vault, Nicole placing second for high jump, Serefina getting fifth for the 400 meters, Anastasia placing fourth for the 200 meters, and Chavalah earning third for the 100 meters. Unfortunately, there is no picture of the girls track team. 

Boys Track: On the boys track team there are 11 seniors: Johnny Baratta, Isaiah Gomez, Anthony Guiterrez, Rayan Lahlou-Nabil, Jose Manjarrez, Ray Manjarrez, John Marino, Nick Pederson, Micheal Rominski, Jacob Zaluska, and Roy Zuniga. Boys track Senior Night was also held on April 19th. Here are some highlights of their night: Nick got fourth place in the discus event and second in shot put, Rayan got second place in the pole vault event, and Jacob got fourth place in the men’s 110m hurdles. EPHS boys track won the meet hosted by EPHS!

Here is a picture of the boys track team after winning the meet.

Congratulations to all seniors! All of their athletic senior festivities were very successful. Everyone is very proud but also sad to see the seniors go. We are excited to see some play in college, however. Good luck to all the seniors graduating! I hope your high school experience was fantastic!

Donate to The Tiger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Elmwood Park High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.