The Student News Site of Elmwood Park High School

The Tiger

The Tiger

The Tiger

Best Places to Visit in Chicago

Dinner Cruise

This is a picture of the Wandella dinner cruise during sunset. The evening is the the most popular booked time for this excursion.

If you like trying new foods or you like exploring new restaurants, then I would recommend the Chicago dinner cruise. The Chicago dinner cruise is very popular. You get to sit on a boat and watch the sunset as you eat a wonderful plated meal made just for you. A lot of people love this because it’s very good food with wonderful service. You get to go around Chicago and explore while enjoying your dinner. They also offer inside seating, so if it’s too cold for you to eat outside, you are welcome to eat inside the boat which has huge windows so the view can still be appreciated.

Navy Pier

This is Navy Pier during the month of July. The Ferris wheel lights were changed to blue and there was a fireworks display almost every week.

Navy pier is a very well known destination in Chicago. It offers so many things to do, from rides to restaurants and even little pop up stores to check out. Many people love going to Navy Pier at night because of all the colorful lights, especially the ones that come from the big ferris wheel. During holidays, decorations are everywhere and the lights are changed to match the decor. Fireworks are a special treat in the summer time. I would recommend visiting Navy Pier as it is  a very popular place in Chicago and is actually the 3rd most visited  tourist attraction.

The Sky Deck

Once you purchase a ticket, you are given 3 minutes to stand in the box and look around, while 1,353 feet in the air!

One of the most famous attractions Chicago has to offer is the sky deck. The sky deck is located in the Willis Tower on the 103rd floor. The sky deck is a big, glass box that pokes out the side of the building and allows you to go in and look around. Some of the best times to go are right when it opens so you get to experience the sunrise or right before close so you get to see the sunset. On your way to the elevator, there are very long hallways that are filled with art and even an “L” train exhibit that mimics you going through the different parts of Chicago.

Art Institute of Chicago

The Art Institute is over 140 years old and was first founded in 1879.

Last but not least is the most popular museum in Chicago, The Art Institute of Chicago. This museum is loved by many because of all the well-known pieces they have to offer for viewing. This museum has about 300,000 pieces of art, costing a total of $735 million. This museum also offers over 11 cultural exhibits. Some people say that this museum is so interesting and so big that it can take a whole day to get through just a little more than half of the museum.

Works Cited:

Donate to The Tiger

Your donation will support the student journalists of Elmwood Park High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.